August 15, 2016
The main storage area in kitchens are cabinets. While every homeowner takes their time to pick out the best performing and visually appealing cabinets, it’s important that you use them to their fullest potential when storing. If your kitchen is smaller then you’ll need even more creativity to ensure that your kitchen can be as clean as possible. Follow some of these ideas for using your kitchen cabinets to their fullest.
- The best way to use a pantry is with multiple drawers. Storage space that pulls out adds extra space that can free up your entire kitchen.
- Something that many people don’t do well is storing UP! Take advantage of your entire kitchen by using vertical storage. Use every bit of space in the over counter-top cabinets.
- If you are a wine or liquor drinker, try storing them in a curved pullout in order to keep them safe.
- Try storing non-refrigerated vegetables in a weave basket inside your cabinets. This will keep them fresher for longer while opening up space on your counter and in your fridge.
- Keep all your most frequently used kitchenware in convenient cabinet locations. This would be in the lower over the counter cabinets or in cabinets at your feet. Your rarely used items can be placed higher up on the over-counter cabinets or anywhere behind the frequently used cooking ware.
- Keep all your pots and pans next to the stove to increase your cooking process or to decrease any traffic in the kitchen.
For more information about properly using cabinets, please feel free to contact the specialists at Discount Kitchens Etc. We sell beautiful cabinets at discounted prices for contractors and handy men.