March 28, 2018
Decades ago the kitchen was once regarded as the room where you cooked meals and store dirty dishes. How times have changed as the Kitchen is now the focal point and considered the heart of the home. Homebuyers and seekers are always on a lookout to remodel or renovate their kitchen to keep up with the latest trends. Here are trends we expect to see for 2018.
1. Smart Kitchen. Technology is becoming a must-have for homeowners as they plan to transition their old kitchen to the modern era. Although, having nice a smart refrigerator or controlled lighting. We recommend keeping it minimal as too much will feel like you’re trying too hard.
2. Cabinet Colors. White cabinets continue to be the top choice for homeowners and most likely will for many years. Gray is a close second as grey cabinets can match with pretty much anything to give it natural and glamor look.
3. Designs and Styles. With styles such as farmhouse looking to be more and more popular for homeowners. This may come across a bit of a challenge for smaller kitchens. However, a growing trend we are slowing to see is removing upper cabinet doors to create a visual space to make the kitchen appear bigger and brighter.
4. Quartz. For a high-end kitchen, investing in sturdier material such as granite for countertops has become popular must have as they come in a variety of colors compared to before where they had limited options. In addition, sinks made from the same material as the countertop gives the kitchen a modern sync look, giving it a classy attraction when hosting a gathering.
5. Storage cabinetry. A kitchen remodel out of your budget? Not a problem! Homeowners are always on a lookout to be creative with their cabinets by utilizing them for kitchen storage. Why not invest in a corner cabinet or increase your upper cabinets for more space. There are multiple ways to use your cabinets without breaking the bank.
6. Kitchen Islands. What better way to host a party but bring in your family and close ones to an open island with stools for people to mingle. Probably one of the must-haves for homeowners and increasingly more each year. With a beautiful granite material placed on top, how do you not want to hang there?